Hi,

Due to the registry indexing, it takes about 15 seconds to populate assets
and start the jaggery-apps(publisher/store) properly in ES( if indexing is
completed at first attempt) .This affects the tests cases since the
framework start to execute the test cases as soon as the server starts.
In order to prevent that we have implemented an extension to the automation
framework [01] which delays test execution for a given time.

Currently, Registry do not expose an API to check whether the indexing is
completed. However AFAIK registry loops indexing at interval of 15 seconds
from startup. Hence, currently we have put a thread sleep for 20 seconds to
wait the test execution. For the worst case scenario we can set it to 45
seconds.

I would like to know whether there is a better way to achieve this?

[01] "[Dev] Reduce the execution speed of Web Driver"

--
*Ayesha Dissanayaka*
Software Engineer,