If the same life cycle applies for all artifacts displayed in the list,
then you don't need to get the allowed transitions for each artifact. If
the page shows artifacts of a certain state, then allowed transitions are
the same for all.

Thanks!
Isuruwan

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Samith Dassanayake <sam...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Isuruwan,
> I'm trying to fix a JIRA[1] where we have to show the allowed
> transitions(promote or demote buttons) for the applications, in the UI of
> the App Factory, according to the allowed transitions according to the
> lifecycle configuration. For example as below image, When user selects the
> stage as the Production, then he should be abled to see the allowed
> transitions from the selected state. It is not efficient to get the allowed
> transitions for each resource since it is not gonna change
> to resource to resource in AF.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> [1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/APPFAC-2628
>

> On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Isuruwan Herath <isuru...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Samith,
>>
>> Currently the APIs exposed can give the available actions for a
>> particular state with reference to a resource [1] [2]. Please explain your
>> use case if it doesn't associate with a resource.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://docs.wso2.com/display/Governance460/Lifecycle+Transition+With+Governance+API
>> - Get all Action List
>> [2] https://docs.wso2.com/display/Governance460/Managing+Aspects -
>> Retrieving Actions of an Aspect
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Samith Dassanayake <sam...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> Is there way(or API) to get allowed transitions by the lifecycle state?
>>> For example lets say I have 3 states[1] as Development, Testing and
>>> Production.I want to know what the transitions[2] allowed for state
>>> "Testing". How we can get that?
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://docs.wso2.com/display/Governance460/Lifecycle+Configuration+Elements#LifecycleConfigurationElements-state
>>> [2]