I guess you are referring to the commented out nhttp transports in the
axis2.xml.

Actually there is no usecase as such for these transports. Nhttp was left
behind in commented out mode since PT was quite new in terms of maturity.
And in the early days of PT, when people came across issues related to the
transport they could easily switch back to Nhttp since the configurations
were already in place.

But now nobody switches back to nhttp since PT has matured enough at least
in the context of API Manager. So maybe we should take nhttp off completely.

Thanks,
NuwanD.

--
Nuwan Dias