WSO2 Business Activity Monitor 2.5.0 Release Notes *15th of December 2014*

WSO2 Business Activity Monitor (WSO2 BAM) is a comprehensive framework
designed to solve the problems in the wide area of business activity
monitoring. WSO2 BAM comprises of many modules to give the best of
performance, scalability and customizability. This allows to achieve
requirements of business users, dev ops, CEOs without spending countless
months on customizing the solution without sacrificing performance or the
ability to scale.

WSO2 BAM is powered by WSO2 Carbon, the SOA middleware component platform.

New Features

   - Support for new Input/Output Adaptors
   - Data Purging support from UI and toolbox
   - New Cassandra Hector Datasource Implementation

Issues Fixed in This Release

   - WSO2 BAM 2.5.0 Fixed Issues
   <https://wso2.org/jira/issues/?filter=12097>

 Improvement

   - The toolbox search does not seem to generate results for partial
   toobox name
   - Need to update some tool boxes to refer the WSO2BAM_DATASOURCE
   - [Toolbox] Remove username/password from the toolbox in
   streamdefn.properties
   - Enhance Message Tracer agent to capture request url in a REST API
   invoke and transport headers
   - Improved BAM Receiver performance
   - Accessinig the registry for every event bundle
   - Add default timestamp based search support in Activity Monistoring
   Dashboard(Simple Search)
   - Removing reduntant configuration from streamDefn.xml and read all
   cassandra related configs from datasources
   - Cassandra Data deletion support for the Archival Feature
   - Improve BAM to work with all Input adators provided by CEP
   - Support index deletion
   - Supporting to schedhule cassandra data deletion through toolboxes
   - Add comment support to Hive script editor
   - Cassandra Data Source Type for BAM Configurations
   - Add a configuration to specify the async data publisher consistancy
   - Set the hostName parameter to 0.0.0.0 in data-bridge-config.xml file
   by default
   - Even though we purge data there is no way to generate a report or
   identify who performed the deletion
   - [Improvement] better if the archived / purge function validate and
   prevent excluded streams being achieved or purged
   - Add Info logs to show the execution time of each Hive script
   - Resolve the additional configuration changes due to the port offset in
   BAM

 Task

   - Adding puppet v3 deployment scripts for BAM 2.5.0

Known Issues

   - WSO2 BAM 2.5.0 Known Issues
   <https://wso2.org/jira/issues/?filter=12098>

Deprecated Features

   - Removing REST API support provided by BAM 2.4.x and prior. Instead of
   the REST API, we can use HTTP input event adaptor with BAM 2.5.0 for the
   same use case.

Reporting Problems

WSO2 encourages you to report issues, enhancements and feature requests for
WSO2 BAM. Use the issue tracker <http://wso2.org/jira/browse/bam> for
reporting issues.
Discussion Forums

We encourage to use stackoverflow <http://stackoverflow.com/tags/wso2/> to
engage with
Support

We are committed to ensuring that your enterprise middleware deployment is
completely supported from evaluation to production. Our unique approach
ensures that all support leverages our open development methodology and is
provided by the very same engineers who build the technology.

For additional support information please refer tohttp://wso2.com/support/

Thank you for your interest in WSO2 Business Activity Monitor
* -The WSO2 Business Activity Monitor Development Team *

--
*Sinthuja Rajendran*
Senior Software Engineer <http://wso2.com/>

Blog: http://sinthu-rajan.blogspot.com/