Hi Vidura,

+1 for flexible UI layouts. Most of the times I have walked away from the
gridster layout when developing dashboards since it is not that much
flexible. However I am ok with the current pub/sub implementation. It is
quite flexible.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Vidura Mudalige <vidu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Tanya,
>
> If we are to directly use gadgets pub/sub support as it is, then we should
> know publisher's channels, data format etc. in advance. Hence, we will
> identify widely used formats and adhere to them, which will be pluggable.
>
> As an example, let's say we need to have a widget/gadget to select a date
> range in a dashboard. Then it could be either a simple text input field, a
> select box or a jQuery data picker like rich UI. But at the end, each
> notifies a date range.

This kind of a thing can already be done by using the timestamps
everywhere. Anyway it is up to the developer to decide. So what would be
the attributes that you are going to unify?

> Evolving along that path, we will identify commonly used types(again these
> will be pluggable) which needs to be followed by gadget developers. i.e. If
> a gadget has followed those types, then it will work in a loosely coupled
> manner allowing those to be linked with desired data publisher through the
> dashboard designer.
>
> At the moment, I am working on a PoC and will share more informations
> later. Further, this will be integrated with the layout designer which
> Nadeesha started.

Some more description on this is appreciated.

> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Tanya Madurapperuma <ta...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Vidura Mudalige <vidu...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> HI all,
>>>
>>> We are planning to improve the dashboard of UES to support bootstrap and
>>> pub/sub.
>>>
>> What are the improvements that you are planning for pub/sub? Because UES
>> already have pub/sub support.
>>

>>> Current dashboards were build using gridster and it is not flexible.
>>> Using bootstrap we can build responsive and easily themable dashboards.
>>>

>> AFAIR NadeeshaC also did some work related to this. Will be great if you
>> can start from there onwards and continue.
>>

>>> Current dashboards have a fixed layout. Therefore we are planning to add
>>> a selectable layout to the dashboard to make the dashboard more friendly to
>>> the user. We are planning to add multitenency to the dashboard as well.
>>>
>>> Suggestions and feedbacks are appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>> Tanya
>>

>>> --