Hi Firzhan,

Reason why always the  catalina-server.xml file get copied into
"<CARBON_HOME>/repository/conf/" folder when using
*serverConfigurationManager.applyConfiguration(sourceCatalinaFile,
targetCatalinaFile)* is because of  the method implementation ignores the
target file path and consider only the file name and all the activities are
happening inside
"<CARBON_HOME>/repository/conf/".
I have created a TA-JIRA [1] for this.

***
*serverConfigurationManager.*applyConfigurationWithoutRestart*(sourceCatalinaFile,
targetCatalinaFile,*true*) method can be used without any issue.

[1]. https://wso2.org/jira/browse/TA-952
<https://wso2.org/jira/browse/TA-952>

Thanks and Best Regards,

Saneth Dharmakeerthi