Hi All,

We had the same discussion yesterday and had a small chat with Prabath too.
Since there is no viable solution ATM we decided to store these select
statements in a script and pick according to the data-source configuration.

Eg:- /dbscripts/social/oracle/<select_script>,
/dbscripts/social/sql/<select_script>

Since we can use the same select statement with limit,offset for
h2,MySQL,PostgreSQL  may be we can have a common one.

Thoughts?

Regards,
UdaraR

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Dulitha Wijewantha <duli...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am working on creating a device listing API that supports pagination. In
> the SQL world, LIMIT and OFFSET seems to be the standard way of doing
> pagination in MySQL and PostgreSQL. Below is an example,
>
> SELECT Device.id, Device.name FROM Device
> LIMIT 10 OFFSET 10
>

> But Oracle seems to be using rownum. What's the recommended approach in
> doing this?
>
> Cheers~
>
> --
> Dulitha Wijewantha (Chan)
> Software Engineer - Mobile Development
> WSO2 Inc
> Lean.Enterprise.Middleware
>  * ~Email       duli...@wso2.com <duli...@wso2mobile.com>*
> *  ~Mobile     +94712112165 <%2B94712112165>*
> *  ~Website   dulitha.me <http://dulitha.me>*
> *  ~Twitter     @dulitharw <https://twitter.com/dulitharw>*
>   *~Github     @dulichan <https://github.com/dulichan>*
>   *~SO     @chan <http://stackoverflow.com/users/813471/chan>*