Hi Lakshani,

IMO we shouldn't make the session data persistence enabled by default. We
should support enabling and disabling. Here when we enable this feature, it
writes all the login session details to the database and also reads from
database when necessary. Session data clean up task runs periodically and
it deletes expired sessions. So if this feature is enabled, it increases DB
write/read operations which can cause a reduction of performance.
Considering this I think it's better if it's needed to monitor the login
activities, they have to enable session data persistence.

Regards,
Tharindu

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 1:42 AM, Lakshani Gamage <laksh...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm working on my fast track project [1]. I have to monitor logged in
> users via  IS admin console. In the current implementation, logged in user
> details are saved in database if
> DBCPersistenceManager.SessionDataPersist.Enable = true. For that we have
> to enable below config in identity.xml.
>
> <JDBCPersistenceManager>
>         <SessionDataPersist>
>             <Enable>true</Enable>
>             <RememberMePeriod>60</RememberMePeriod>
>             <CleanUp>
>                 <Enable>false</Enable>
>                     <Period>1</Period>
>                     <TimeOut>60</TimeOut>
>             </CleanUp>
>             <Temporary>false</Temporary>
>         </SessionDataPersist>
>     </JDBCPersistenceManager>
>
> When above config is not enabled, when a user logs in, that user
> information is not saved in database. As I have to monitor all the logged
> in user details, I removed the
> DBCPersistenceManager.SessionDataPersist.Enable condition checking part
> from implementation of  authentication-framework component.  Is this ok?
>
> [1]. https://redmine.wso2.com/issues/3188
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Lakshani Gamage
>
> *Software Engineer*
> Mobile : +94 (0) 71 5478184 <%2B94%20%280%29%20773%20451194>

Tharindu Edirisinghe
Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc
Identity Server Team
mobile : +94 775 181586