Hi,

As of the current orbit bundle guideline [1], we have to mark the
dependencies as optional. I believe this results in transitive dependencies
of that particular bundle not being exposed.

Because of this, I have experienced compilation failures, when I put orbit
bundles as component dependencies.
For an example, in carbon analytics components, when I import spark-core
orbit, I encsounter dependency errors (But when I import the original spark
dependency this does not occur)

so, is it a good practice for us to say that, orbit bundles should be used
in the runtime, where as in the compile time, use the original jars?
essentially, is it okay to include original jars in the components and only
include orbits in the features? (because earlier, I was under the
impression that, once an orbit bundle is created, it should be used BOTH in
the components and in the feature)

would be great if you could clarify this matter.

rgds

[1]
https://docs.google.com/a/wso2.com/document/d/1I3nWPnG6139YobZzQWPFOUxYEmHxqf9ieWykmQupPtc/edit#

--