Hi Inosh,
I have used gson and jackson few times. Jackson seems to be faster. but
gson on the other hand is more compatible. Reason for mentioning that is, I
had problems when using jackson with SOAP.

If you don't have much issues regarding the speed, I recommend using gson,
as it is more compatible, easy to use, and easy to understand

Regards,
Pubudu.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Vishanth Balasubramaniam <
vishan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Inosh,
>
> IMO i think it is either Jackson or Gson. Jackson is considered to be a
> faster library than Gson and also I remember Gson was having some case
> insensitive problem, I am not sure if it still does.
>
> Regards,
> Vishanth.
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Prabath Abeysekera <praba...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Came across [4] while I was searching for any good performance benchmark
>> done over the JSON parser libraries around. As it appears, the results were
>> published like 3 years back and I'm pretty sure that most of these
>> libraries have come a long way since then. However, based on the results
>> the blog carries, I'm tempted to use either Jackson or Staxon purely
>> because of the performance numbers, since there's going to be loads of
>> serialization/de-serilaization of JSON messages taking place in the
>> critical path as part of most of the MDM functionalities. One interesting
>> point to note is that, even though, the numbers published against Staxon
>> doesn't look too attractive, things can perhaps be different if we properly
>> use it in its streaming-mode. Therefore, I'd prefer we do some tests around
>> and select one out of the libraries mentioned above.
>>
>> @Inosh, would you be able check on this and see what suits us the most?
>>
>> [4]
>> http://blog.novoj.net/2012/02/05/json-java-parsers-generators-microbenchmark/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Prabath
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:41 PM, Ishan Jayawardena <is...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Inosh,
>>> ESB uses StAXON [1] in builders/formatters and Jayway JsonPath [2] for
>>> JSONPath evaluation.
>>> The ScriptMediator depends on google-gson[3]
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/beckchr/staxon
>>> [2] https://github.com/jayway/JsonPath
>>> [3] https://code.google.com/p/google-gson/
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ishan.

>>> Ishan Jayawardena
>>> Senior Software Engineer

>> Prabath Abeysekara
>> Associate Technical Lead, Data TG.
>> WSO2 Inc.
>> Email: praba...@wso2.com
>> Mobile: +94774171471

> *Vishanth Balasubramaniam*
> Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> mobile: *+94771737718*
> about me: *http://about.me/vishanth <http://about.me/vishanth>*

Pubudu Dodangoda
BSc Engineering(Hon's) Undergraduate
Department of Computer Science Engineering
University of Moratuwa
0716053681 / 0775192994