Hi,

When adding an API in the manage stage user has an option to set an auth
type for each resource [1].

Below I have mentioned the auth types available and the functionality of
auth types as i understood;

   1. *Application* - once resource is given application auth type only the
   access token of the application owner can be used to access the particular
   resource.
   2. *Application user* - Any registered user other *than application
   owner* can generate access token using consumer key and secret of the
   application and particular user's user credentials and can invoke resource
   using the access token.
   3. *None * - No access tokens are required in order to access resources
   having non auth type.

Can someone please tell me whether above mentioned functionality is
correct, if so in a scenario where resource is given 'application user'
auth type why can't application owner act as an application user ?

[1]
https://docs.wso2.com/download/attachments/41747085/API-resources.png?version=1&modificationDate=1410272431000&api=v2

ThankS & Regards,
Sewmini