Hi Saneth
There are no such restrictions/conditions.
As I said before the given username and password use only to generate basic
HTTP Authorization header.

Thanks,
Madusanka

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Saneth Dharmakeerthi <sane...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> HI Madusanka/Swmini,
>
> Thanks for your response,
>
> But actually what I want to know is , whether there is any condition
> regarding the format of the password like what characters it can have or
> what characters it can't?
>

> Thanks and Best Regards,
>
> Saneth Dharmakeerthi
> Senior Software Engineer
> WSO2, Inc.
> Mobile: +94772325511
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Sewmini Jayaweera <sewm...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Saneth,
>>
>> As per my knowledge this is used once we have a backend which is secured.
>>
>> For an example;
>> say you have hello service hosted in WSO2 application server which is
>> secured using UsernameToken and your API is pointing to that service. In an
>> intense like that you need to give user credentials which you used to
>> secure back end (It will be a user's credentials registered in AS).
>>
>> When a client is accessing this service through the API, he should be
>> invoke the API as usual. (Since we have given user credentials of the
>> secured backend when creating the API )
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Sewmini
>>
>> Sewmini Jayaweera
>> *Software Engineer - QA Team*
>> Mobile: +94 (0) 773 381 250
>> sewm...@wso2.com
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Saneth Dharmakeerthi <sane...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi APIM team,
>>>
>>> When we configure a API endpoint as a secure endpoint,Is there any
>>> conditions regarding the password?
>>>

>>> Thanks and Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Saneth Dharmakeerthi
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> WSO2, Inc.
>>> Mobile: +94772325511

*Madusanka Premaratne* | Associate Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc | lean. enterprise. middleware.
#20, Palm Grove, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
Mobile: +94 71 835 70 73| Work: +94 112 145 345
Email: madusan...@wso2.com | Web: www.wso2.com

[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/maduzanka> [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/rmmpremaratne> [image: Google Plus]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MadusankaPremaratnemaduz/about/p/pub> [image: