On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Vinod Kavinda <vi...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was trying the shashikap's suggestion. It seem to be still we can't
> guarantee the scheduler shuts down first, since these two may run in
> different threads.
> @Indika, If we disable the hazelcast shutdown hook, we will have to
> manually shutdown the hazelcast instance right?

No. Hazelcast anyway stop after bundle deactivate. If you want to do some
task before deactivate all bundles, then you can use
WaitBeforeShutdownObserver. It will block shutting down until task
completion. We had a requirement of complete all messaging task before
server gracefully shutting down. We used WaitBeforeShutdownObserver and
complete messaging tasks in andes dependency in blocking call. Please rerer
to [1] to get an idea about usage of WaitBeforeShutdownObserver.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-business-messaging/blob/master/components/andes/org.wso2.carbon.andes/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/andes/internal/QpidServiceComponent.java