Hi Lasitha,

I think the fix has some issues. The method you have changed is an Util
method. The same method is invoked from various other places.

If one of those places currently sends tenant aware username as expected
with your change it again extracts tenant aware username for the second
time. This will be an issue if we have enable EmailUserName in the system.
E.g. "joh...@gmail.com@wso2.com" would become just "johann" where as tenant
aware username should be "joh...@gmail.com".

E.g. check the "unlockUserAccount()" of
"UserIdentityManagementAdminService". This is a Admin service which sends
the tenant aware username. In this flow also the method you changed gets
executed and as I saw tenant aware username is being called at least twice
on the username that is passed in.

You may need to go through all the service operations in this component and
test to make sure everything is working as expected for super tenant and
tenants, primary and secondary user stores and email and non email
usernames.

Thanks,
Johann.

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby*
Technical Lead & Product Lead of WSO2 Identity Server
Integration Technologies Team
WSO2, Inc.
lean.enterprise.middleware

Mobile - *+94777776950*