Hi Gihan,

At the moment that is the only available way to change a configuration.

you can use ServerConfigurationManager.applyConfiguration(File sourceFile,
File targetFile, boolean backupConfigFile, boolean restartServer) to do
this task. If you pass  backupConfigFile as true it will backup
the configuration and using restoreToLastConfiguration() method you can
revert to the original file. Sample cone can is available at [1].

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/product-apim/blob/master/modules/integration/tests-integration/tests-backend/src/test/java/org/wso2/am/integration/tests/api/lifecycle/APIManagerConfigurationChangeTest.java

Thanks and Best Regards,

Saneth Dharmakeerthi