Hi All,

I am getting following error on the WSO2 AS console log while I use
WebAppAdminStub to access the AS admin services. I think that it is most
probably due to "Basic Authentication" being used in my client whereas in
AS it uses SAML2SSOAuthenticator. ref [1]

[2015-06-09 tt:tt:tt,N]  WARN
{org.wso2.carbon.server.admin.module.handler.AuthenticationHandler} -
Illegal access attempt at [2015-06-09 tt:tt:tt,N] from IP address x.x.x.x
while trying to authenticate access to service WebappAdmin

My client code fragment is similar to,
WebappAdminStub  stub = new WebappAdminStub(configCtx, serviceURL);

ServiceClient client = stub._getServiceClient();
Options options = client.getOptions();

HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator auth = new
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator();
auth.setUsername(userName);
auth.setPassword(password);
options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.AUTHENTICATE,
auth);

Questions are,

1. how can I initiate SAML2 authentication instead of BASIC in the client
side?

2. Any other suggestion to prevent the above WARN log, without changing
anything in AS side, can do anything in the client code.

[1]
https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM170/FAQ#FAQ-priorityWhydoIgetthefollowingwarning:org.wso2.carbon.server.admin.module.handler.AuthenticationHandler-IllegalaccessattemptwhiletryingtoauthenticateAPIKeyValidationService
?

Cheers,

--

*Ruwan Abeykoon*