Hi,

In EndpointMediaTypeHandler[1] when we try to delete an endpoint there is a
special validation to check whether endpoint have any dependancies attached
and throw an exception[find the attached screen shot]. Because of this
validation user can't delete or even edit endpoint address(URL) without
removing the associations. I was enable to discover such behaviour in other
media types. Is this dependancy check added for a reason or else can we get
rid of it by letting user to edit endpoint details?.

I try this out locally and currently facing some issues due to missing
association after I update the endpoint address(URL). Looks like when we
update the endpoint address(URL) we are temporally deleting
endpoint artifact[2] then it cant find previous dependancies for some
reason.

public void delete(RequestContext requestContext) throws RegistryException {
        if (!CommonUtil.isDeleteLockAvailable()) {
            return;
        }
        CommonUtil.acquireDeleteLock();

        Registry registry = requestContext.getRegistry();
        String path = requestContext.getResourcePath().getPath();

        try {
            if (path == null) {
                throw new RegistryException("The resource path is not
available.");
            }
            checkEndpointDependency(registry, path);
//            Resource resource = registry.get(path);
        } finally {
            CommonUtil.releaseDeleteLock();
        }
    }