Hi ESB team,

Since sequences can be directly invoked via Inbound endpoints, my
understanding was that we can use IN/OUT mediators and make the sequence
work independently. However after reporting [1] it was said that the
Sequence should be designed with call/respond or send/receiving sequence
approach only. So I assume all scenarios where In/Out mediators can be
used, should be done using above alternatives.

Also, as per [2], it's not recommended to use In and Out mediators anymore.
So shouldn't those mediators be removed from UIs? Is it not done because
it's used in the 'main' sequence?

And shouldn't the docs [3] be updated saying In/Out mediators are only used
in 'main' sequence and users should not use those mediators in other
sequences.

Please confirm.

[1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/ESBJAVA-3730
[2] "[Dev] [Dev Studio] Adding <In> <Out> mediators within a sequence
doesn't get saved"
[3] https://docs.wso2.com/display/ESB490/In+and+Out+Mediators

Thanks,
Sandapa