Hi Folks,

I'm getting a few errors with DevStudio which are really beginning to bug
me. I can't see anyone else having these errors so I'll put it out there so
you folks may be able to guide me as to what to do ( or you may have seen
them before but google has let me down :-)

Key problem is that eclipse/dev studio is struggling to save files e.g. an
api.xml file or a proxy-service.xml file. This shows itself when I try to
save a diagram or when I try to move from the diagram to the source view.
The first error in the chain is...

*Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
"org.eclipse.ui.workbench". which has the stacktrace of *

*java.lang.NullPointerException*
* at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.selectionChanged(CompatibilityPart.java:435)*
* at
org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageSelectionProvider$1.run(MultiPageSelectionProvider.java:110)*
* at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)*
* at
org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageSelectionProvider.fireEventChange(MultiPageSelectionProvider.java:108)*
* etc.etc.*

It then has three other errors along those lines.

This may or may not be related but.....What also happens is that files also
don't look right in the esb editor.. They come out as a tree structure and
not the nice diagram editor. In order to get around this (and get it
opening in the nice diagram editor) I have to close the WSO2 ESB Graphical
perspective and then re-open the Dev Studio (by going "Dev Studio->Open
Dashboard". That solves the problem of the editor not showing the graphical
view and also seems to solve the problem of file saving. However, it's not
long before both problems come back - but I have no idea what sequence of
events makes them come back !

I realise this is a bit of a random problem - but it's really making
editing a very long winded process so any help would be much appreciated !!

many thanks
John.

John Hawkins
Director: Solutions Architecture