Hi,
Using referential integrity when ever possible is the best practice and it
will be a good option to enhance query performance as well.
Yes of cause it will be useful in cascade deleting (as you do not need to
delete depended data from all the child tables manually)
Other than that, it will enhance the performance of your SQL queries
specially when you have joins with multiple tables.

And mysql, ms-sqlserver and oracle all support cascade deleting but make
sure you use the correct syntax in you DDL statement.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Sasikala Kottegoda <sasik...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Hasitha,
>
> In a durable topic scenario, for each message received from the publisher,
> we generate a number of messages that is equal to the number of durable
> subscriptions (with different message IDs).
> Therefore, we have each content entry associated to a unique metadata
> entry. So I think cascade delete will not be a problem.
>
> Thank you
>
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Hasitha Amal De Silva <hasit...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> In a durable topic scenario, say we have 2 subscribers A and B, do we
>> maintain 2 entries for the same message content @ message_content table ?
>> If we refer to the same message_content entry for both subscribers, be wary
>> of cascade deletes.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Anuja Herath <an...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sasikala,
>>>
>>> Since we dropped cassandra, this will enable us to use full power of
>>> RDBMS.
>>> But make sure that mentioned operations will work on MySQL, MS SQL and
>>> oracle in the same way.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Anuja

>>> Anuja Herath