Hi all,

Currently I am working on a task validating CRUD forms of Enterprise store
publisher.So I need to check with the overview name is already exists or
not.So I will make a AJAX call through server side to get the exactly
matching asset in the publisher.I am using jQuery validation plugin as well
as I have an custom method to validate this overview name field on the
client side.

//custom validator for remote ajax call to validate asset name
$.validator.addMethod("FieldValidate", function (value, element) {
    var data = '%22name%22 : %22' + value + '%22';
    var result = false;
    $.ajax({
        type: "GET",
        url: caramel.url("/apis/assets?type=gadget&q=" + data),
        dataType: "json",
        async: false,
        success: function (data, textStatus, xhr) {
            var obj = data;
            if (obj.list.length > 0) {
                result = false;
            } else {
                result = true;
            }
        },
        error: function (xhr, thrownError) {
            console.log("error " + xhr.responseText + "  " + thrownError);
        }
    });
    return result;

}, "The name already taken");

By the way I need to trigger the validation only if the user finish typing
at the text box.But now the Ajax call sends for each and every input those
are given by user.So can anyone suggest me any idea to handle this?
Suggestion would appreciate.
--

*Thank You.*

*Rajeenthini Satkunam*