Hi all,

I'm trying to download a file from a given URL (File get downloaded if we
directly go to the link via browser), in a jaggery app.

I need to get the file to the Jaggery backend and send it to the browser so
that file should get downloaded. I tried this by sending a get request to
the relevant URL, setting all the headers received from get response to the
jaggery response and printing the payload as shown below.

        var httpClient = new XMLHttpRequest();
        httpClient.open('GET', url, true);
        httpClient.setRequestHeader('COOKIE', session.get('MGT_SESSION'));

         //copy header details
                        var contentType =
httpClient.getResponseHeader("Content-Type");
        var transferEncoding =
httpClient.getResponseHeader("Transfer-Encoding");
        var vary = httpClient.getResponseHeader("Vary");
        var date = httpClient.getResponseHeader("Date");
        var server = httpClient.getResponseHeader("Server");
        var contentDisposition =
httpClient.getResponseHeader("Content-Disposition");

        response.addHeader('Content-Type', contentType);
        response.addHeader('Transfer-Encoding', transferEncoding);
        response.addHeader('Vary', vary);
        response.addHeader('Date', date);
        response.addHeader('Server', server);
        response.addHeader('Content-Disposition', contentDisposition);

                        print(httpClient.responseText);

A file get downloaded as expected. But is is a corrupted file with less
size than actual size of the file.

I think the reason for this is the data is coming as chunked data packets.
The 'Transfer-Encoding' header value is 'chunked'.

Any hint on resolving this is much appreciated.

Thank You,
Vinod

--
Vinod Kavinda