Hi Kavith,

IMO, we should not store any mapping in DevStuido level. This needs to be
fixed in AF REST API level as well as in backends of AF and it require
considerable time to test and do any data migration if required too.
Since this is not a blocker, we will fix this in M6 milestone and you can
incorporate the changes to next release of Dev Studio or do a AF feature
release with other UX improvements.

thank you.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Danushka Fernando <danush...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> I guess we use trunk because we started this with svn and then moved on to
> git. +1 for renaming. @Manjula WDYT?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Danushka Fernando
> Senior Software Engineer
> WSO2 inc. http://wso2.com/
> Mobile : +94716332729
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Kavith Lokuhewage <kav...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is regarding $subject raised in [1] and [2].
>>
>> Currently the default version of an application is given the version
>> "trunk" (which corresponds to "master" branch of the git repo). When
>> checking out a version, DevStudio checks whether the user is checking out
>> the version "trunk" and if so, sets "master" as the branch to checkout.
>> However, when labeling the list of apps in tree view, we are not doing a
>> mapping from "trunk" to "master". Rather we display the list of versions
>> returned from AF API as it is.
>> To fix this, either we have to maintain such a mapping in DevStudio side
>> or this can be fixed from the AF side itself - by renaming version "trunk"
>> to "master".
>> Most importantly, it will be a bad experience for the user if we use two
>> different version names in AF UI and DevS UI, to display this  default
>> version.
>> Is it possible (or make sense) to change this from AppFactory? Please
>> share your thoughts.
>>

>> [1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/TOOLS-3142
>> [2] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/TOOLS-3143

>> *Kavith Lokuhewage*
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.com
>> lean . enterprise . middleware
>> Mobile - +9477-9-145-123 | +9471-455-6-401
>> Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kavith-lokuhewage/49/473/419>
>> Twitter <https://twitter.com/KavithThiranga>

Manjula Rathnayaka
Associate Technical Lead