Hi Anjana,

Following error was seen when connecting DAS 3.0 with db2 .

ERROR {org.wso2.carbon.analytics.dataservice.AnalyticsDataServiceComponent}
-  Error in activating analytics data service: Cannot find a database
section in the RDBMS configuration for the database:
{Category=large_dataset_optimized, Database Product Name=DB2/LINUXX8664,
Version=10.5}
org.wso2.carbon.analytics.datasource.commons.exception.AnalyticsException:
Cannot find a database section in the RDBMS configuration for the database:
{Category=large_dataset_optimized, Database Product Name=DB2/LINUXX8664,
Version=10.5}

After discussing with Gokul, we found that root cause for the error was the
incompatibility of db2 type(windows/linux) that has mentioned in the
rdbms-config.xml with the db2 we were trying to connect with DAS.

Default rdbms-config.xml has the configurations for db2 for windows but not
linux. And we have used db2 which was configured for linux environment .

Therefore, as a workaround suggested by Gokul, we changed the name of the
db2 configuration in rdbms-config.xml as DB2/LINUXX8664 (linux verison).

Hence, we would like to know whether we are going to add db2 configuration
for both OS's or are we just going to mention it in the DAS document ?

Nayomi Dayarathne

*Software Engineer-QA*
Mobile : +94 (0) 775246619 <+94+(0)+775246619>

*nay...@wso2.com <nay...@wso2.com>*