On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <r...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Shall we maintain an installer as well (specially for VM cartridges) in
> this repository to quickly create specific cartridges in puppet?

+1

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
 wrote:

> I'm looking into creating a single set of templates using Jinja template
> language to cater for all IaaS requirements. We can maintain separate set
> of module.ini files to create artifacts for different IaaS's.

+1 My initial thought was to make the existing set of files in the samples
folder, Jinja2 templates. If so we don't need to maintain another set of
the same file set as the templates.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <gay...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Good thought reka. As our offline chat , we can plan to have two
> installers for ppaas and ppaas cartridges.We can have the ppaas installer
> to set up the ppaas related stuff while ppaas cartridge installer to set up
> the cartridge specific installations.

Would it be difficult to handle this using a single installer? IMO having
two installers would confuse the users and add more overhead to the
installation process.

May be we can introduce a separate installer for the cartridges (assuming
that there could be cartridge specific requirements to be added to the
installer) and integrate it with the private paas installer. This would
nicely decouple cartridge installation steps from the private paas
installer and at the same time give a better user experience. WDYT?

Thanks

--
*Imesh Gunaratne*
Senior Technical Lead