On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:03 AM, Rushmin Fernando <rush...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi APIM team,
>
> The doc [1] says that the recommended way to add a mediation extension is
> the registry approach.
>
> *"The recommended way to engage a mediation extension sequence per API is
> to upload an XML file through the registry and then engage it using the API
> Publisher."*
>
> Are there any drawbacks in using the file based mediation extensions ?

No drawbacks. Even when you select a sequence from the UI and publish an
API, we deploy the sequence xml in the file system.

The reason we ask to upload to registry is because..

1. It gives the opportunity for others to reuse the same sequence.
2. Its not nice to say use the UI for API Publishing and go to the
filesystem to deploy a sequence.
3. In most cases people don't have access to the filesystem (ex: Cloud)

Thanks,
NuwanD.

--
Nuwan Dias