On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Nipuni Perera <nip...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Sanjeewa,
>
> I checked the imports of the mentioned classes. As per my last reply "
> org.wso2.carbon.tenant.usage.agent" is the artifact id while package name
> is "org.wso2.carbon.usage.agent" (Note: no "tenant" part). So
> org.wso2.carbon.tenant.usage.agent exports "
> org.wso2.carbon.usage.agent.api" package only.
>
> And regarding publishing events, if APIM move to carbon-commons 4.5.0
> (which has API changes in data publishers), APIM stat publishing part may
> need to implement from APIM side. (As carbon-multitenancy still use older
> version of carbon-commons. Else we need to update carbon-multitenancy with
> carbon-commons new version and rewrite data publishing part and export
> required packages. (I am not sure about the recommended approach)).
>
> @Sameera/Kishanthan/Kalpa : Please share your thoughts on this.

Depending on private package (org.wso2.carbon.usage.agent) is a wrong
approach. Those classes (PublisherUtils, etc) are used internally by
carbon-multitenancy components for publishing purpose which is why there
are not exported.

API-M repo should not use these private package and should use
packages/classes coming from carbon-analytics-common for data publishing
from now onwards.

@Nipuni, If this component (org.wso2.carbon.tenant.usage.agent) is not used
anymore, we will have to deprecate this from carbon-multitenancy repo.

> @Rukshan: Code may compile, but there can have runtime failures. Can we
> test this scenario (publishing events) with APIM 1.10 to see if there are
> any issues.

@Sanjeewa, Ruckshan, this should cause CNF issues at runtime. I wonder why
didn't we get this issue before? Isn't APIMgtUsageHandler used for data
publishing?

> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:57 PM, Sanjeewa Malalgoda <sanje...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Rukshan Premathunga <ruks...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> @Nipuni, we have compiling code at here[1] and there was no any issues.
>>>
>>> @Sanjeewa, we are moved from org.wso2.carbon.usage.agent to
>>> org.wso2.carbon.tenant.usage.agent
>>> right? Also, does it satisfied "DataPublisherUtil.isEnabledMetering()" at
>>> here[2] and reached to here [1]?
>>>
>> Yes i missed that. However still we do have usage agent 2.1.2 dependency
>> in root pom i thought still it was using.
>> I think we need to remove it now.
>>
>> And if you carefully checked mentioned classes you can see following
>> imports(it doesn't have org.wso2.carbon.tenant.usage.agent imports).
>>
>> import org.wso2.carbon.usage.agent.beans.APIManagerRequestStats;
>> import org.wso2.carbon.usage.agent.util.PublisherUtils;
>>
>> So as i understood its using usage agent 2.1.2 in the build time(as it
>> was there in root pom as dependency) and we don't get build failures.
>> And as nipuni mentioned it should return run time error even if its build
>> fine.
>>
>> Other question is if we don't have that publisher util class anymore what
>> is the recommended implementation to publish events?
>> Do we have already released implementation?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> sanjeewa.
>>

>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/ruks/carbon-apimgt/blob/1.10.x.3/components/apimgt/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.usage/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.usage.publisher/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/apimgt/usage/publisher/APIMgtUsageHandler.java#L169
>>> [2]

--
*Kishanthan Thangarajah*
Associate Technical Lead,