Having an OSGi parent for a non-OSGi module is not a problem as we are
specifying the needed packaging type(eg: jar) ​

We are just specifying our maven-bundle-plugin in the carbon-parent. Any
child module who use it(i.e. specify packaging type as bundle) will inherit
the configuration and others will not be affected as their packaging type
is different.