On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Miraj Abeysekara <mi...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since the Application Server 6.0.0 is moving out from the Carbon platform,
> the carbon dependencies of the old Application Server's class loader will
> get removed. The class loader of the new Application Server 6.0.0 is
> implemented using Java 8 by expecting the performance improvements and
> better code maintainability. Currently the following features are available
> in the Application Server 6.0.0's class loader.
>

>    - Load the global class-loading configurations from
> *{APP_SERVER.HOME}/conf/AppLoader/
>    *directory. (currently supported configurations: set parent fist
>    set minimal startup runtime)
>    - If any webapp is deployed with its own class-loading configurations
>    (specified in *{Webapp.dir}/{Webapp.name}/META-INF/* directory) the
>    global values for that webapp were overridden when deploying.
>    - Default runtimes are stored in *{APP_SERVER.HOME}/lib/runtimes/
> *directory
>    which are loaded by the class-loader if required.
>    - A webapp can specify a exclusive runtimes which only loaded for that
>    webapp
>

> Any other requirements or suggestions are highly appreciated.

1.) Are we support any runtime other than 'Tomcat' OOTB ?

2.) With current C4 we use P2 to install additional runtimes such as CXF,
JavaEE etc. what is our approach to install WSO2 provided additional
runtimes into AS6 ?     ( Specially we need to think about UX, in C4 with
P2 this was a one step approach and very convenient )

Thanks !

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Miraj Abeysekara