On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:26 PM, Awanthika Senarath <awanth...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dulitha,
>
> Find my responses in-line,
>
> 1) Can't have the same project name in the workspace. For example - I
> create a project called gateway-dev and have gateway-car, gateway-synapse,
> gateway-registry. I can't create a project with gateway-staging and have
> gateway-car. Is this an eclipse limitation?
>     This is an eclipse limitation. Eclipse maintains a META file called
> .project for each and every project and the name in this .project file
> needs to be unique.
>
> 2) Can't have the same artifact name in the workspace. This one is bit
> annoying. I renamed the project to gateway-dev-synapse and
> gateway-staging-synapse. I can't have the api artifact with id.xml inside
> dev project and staging project in the same namespace:- the car picking
> form gets confused on the two assets. What's more - it will get corrupted
> and not have anything at all from synapse to pick. Below is an error that
> popped in the error console
>     Yes, car files import artifacts based on the artifact name and in the
> artifact.xml of a car file it will list all the artifacts that needs to be
> bundled in that particular car, hence the artifact names needs to be unique
> for the car file. The error you have got is due to dev studio crashing
> before the file system files are properly refreshed, OR an attempt to
> manually edit the file system resources not via eclipse. Ideally this
> should be resolved by refreshing the workspace files through eclipse (right
> click the file and refresh)

​I agree that artifact name needs to be unqiue to the car file. But in a
scenario where you have 2 esb configuration projects having an artifact
with the same name (in-sequence.xml) - it crashes the car interface.​

> ​

3) Deleting a resource (API) got me below error -
>     Could you please let us know how to reproduce this? did you attempt to
> rename the resource before deleting?

​This was the scenario where I had the same arifact name in 2 different esb
configuration projects. ​