We need to use the same configs location as how it is found in tomcat. For
example, the catalina-server.xml should be used for default server.xml and
copied to /conf directory. There are other config files (context.xml,
web.xml) that should follow the same approach. The custom extensions
(Valves, WebappClassLoaders, etc) may come from different repos. So the
product build should take it dependency when assembling them with the final
distribution.

Can we also check whether we could use the tomcat maven dependency to
download the distribution with the build?

Blog - *http://kishanthan.wordpress.com <http://kishanthan.wordpress.com>*
Twitter - *http://twitter.com/kishanthan <http://twitter.com/kishanthan>*