Hi Chamila,

Yes we can use custom buildpacks to deploy on Cloud Foundry. I am not
familiar with all WSO2 products, but I suppose that we need to run shell
files in most cases. So we can customize or build our own buildpack to
detect those files.

Diego is a separate approach. It is a new run time that replaces DEA in
Cloud Foundry. With Diego, we can use Docker images to push applications to
Cloud Foundry, But there are some limitations. We need the images to be
available in Docker Hub publicly. But I found that there's something new
called 'Private Docker Registry' in Diego that enables to use private
Docker images where users are prompted for credentials during staging the
app. I was unable to run Diego as it requires administrator privileges to
enable docker support for me.

Also there is a cf-docker buildpack that detects Docker images. It also has
the above mentioned limitations. I am not sure if we can customize that
buildpack to detect private images as well. They say that it is just a
proof of concept.

I have tried to get help from cf-dev mailing lists as well. They suggest
that I need to have administrator privileges to resolve above scenarios.

Best Regards,
Nanduni

*Nanduni Nimalsiri*
Software Engineering Intern, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)