Hi all,

I am working on following two alert generation scenarios,

1. Abnormal response time/ backend time - If an API response time or the
backend time lies outside the Xth percentile.

2. Abnormal request counts - Count the number of requests during last
minute and check if it lies outside the Xth percentile.

Initially, we thought of having a summarization job to calculate the
percentile values daily. However, in DAS, spark doesn't have OOB support to
calculate percentile even though hive has that as a built-in aggregate
function.

With DAS 3.0.1 we can define UDFs (User Defined Functions), but the
function 'percentile'  is a user-defined aggregation function (UDAF).
Hence, we cannot use that approach as well.

Is there an alternative way in DAS to define custom aggregation function?

Thanks,
Sachini

--

*Thanks & Regards,Sachini JayasekaraSoftware Engineer; **WSO2 Inc. *

*lean . enterprise . middleware |  http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com> *

Mobile : +94712371165