Hi Natasha,

Thank you for your interest in this project. You can start looking at the
example available in [1]. This example describes templates and
relationships typically used in Business Process Model and Notation
(BPMN). Please
go through the samples mentioned in [2], [3] and [4].

[1]. http://demo.bpmn.io/
[2]. Interactive tool for creating directed graphs using D3 -
https://bl.ocks.org/cjrd/6863459
[3]. state diagram editor example  using D3 -
http://bl.ocks.org/lgersman/5311202
[4]. D3.js custom shapes - http://bl.ocks.org/explunit/4659227

Basically this BPMN editor has two sections called component-palette
section and drawing section. In component-palette section, need to be
included set of components like user task, service task, exclusive,
parallel gateways, etc [see the attached image (pallet.png)]. And then
clone the selected competent/item in the palette section when clicking on
it by the user to drawing section to model a work-flow. (see editor.jpeg)

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Best Regards,

--
Isuru Wijesinghe
*Software Engineer*