Hi Nuwan,

Thank you for your interest in this project. We are planning to write file
gateway which will be based on wso2 gateway [1] architecture in this
project. Basically we be aiming to implement file functionality for most
common file systems like ftp & ftps, sftp, local file system and samba.

In current ESB implementation we use commons-vfs[2] for all the file
transfers. You can go through the documentation [3] and try out vfs
functionality in ESB 4.9.0. We also introduced file inbound [4] with ESB
4.9.0, which is a dynamic transport which can be changed in run-time with
restating the ESB.

Through this project we are planning to improve performance and flexibility
of file transfers than present implementation. It should be based on wso2
gateway architecture.

You can go through following links to get more idea about wso2-gw and
present implementation of file processing in the ESB.

Regards,

[1] https://github.com/wso2/product-gw

[2] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/

[3]