Hi John,

You can start by packaging your local entries into a separate CAR file,
lets call it x. And the have three x car files per environment, as
dev-x.car, test-x.car and prod-x.car. Governance registry provide you an
additional layer for you to govern it.

thanks,
Dimuthu

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> http://wso2.com/library/articles/2015/07/article-multi-environment-artifact-management-for-wso2-products-using-wso2-governance-registry/
>
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 2:31 AM, John Q <johnq3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Which is the better approach to externalize parameters in esb artifacts,
>> for example, a username and password pair used within a sequence. I'm using
>> local-entries for this purpose. but the values of these local entries are
>> not the same in dev and production environments.
>>
>> Once these local entries are deployed into the server, I need to make
>> future deployments of sequences, proxies, etc, and prevent these local
>> entries to be overwritten with the local entries.
>>
>> Can any body give me some advice or guide in order to face these
>> deployment relative issues?
>>
>> Thanks in advice,
>> John

> Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
> Founder, CEO & Chief Architect; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
> email: sanj...@wso2.com; office: (+1 650 745 4499 | +94  11 214 5345)
> x5700; cell: +94 77 787 6880 | +1 408 466 5099; voip: +1 650 265 8311
> blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/; twitter: @sanjiva
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

Dimuthu Leelarathne
Director