Hello Nathiesha

Thanks for your interest in Developer Studio.

Developer Studio is eclipse plugins based product, so basically you need to
know about eclipse plugin development process , that you learn from here
[1][2], If you have any questions, just let me know, so that I can help
you. Once you got the basic understanding and feel confident in developing
eclipse plugins, maybe let me know how you would like to approach the task
so that we can discuss the project.

So the task is to create a built in error reporting tool that can be used
to identify WSO2 plugins related problems and automatically upload problems
to a WSO2 server, providing key insights as to where problems may exits in
the Developer studio and how they can be improved.

Similar kind of feature has been implemented for Eclipse Mars [3] to reach
eclipse committers, you can refer that [4] to implement this feature in
Developer studio

[Looping other possible mentors ]

Thanks and Regards
/Jasintha

[1] -http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipsePlugIn/article.html
[2] -
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Ffirstplugin.htm
[3] -
http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2015/06/23/error-reporting-top-eclipse-mars-feature-2/
[4] -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14vRLXcgSwy0rEbpJArsR_FftOJW1SjWUAmZuzc2O8YI/pub

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Nathiesha Maddage <
nathieshamadd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am a computer science and engineering undergraduate from University of
> Moratuwa.
> I am interested in the Contact Development Team feature in DevStudio
> project for GSoC 2016. Please let me know how to proceed.
>
> Regards
> Nathiesha Maddage

*Jasintha Dasanayake*

*Senior Software EngineerWSO2 Inc. | http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>lean