Hi All,

I'm currently implementing taxonomy feature [1] . Here we have to render a
tree structure in store view .I have tried with several tree structures
while implementing taxonomy UI for store side. If we implement horizontal
or vertical tree structures  [2] with more nodes ,

   - we will have a usability issue. That is , If we have more nodes to
   render, user interface will not have enough space to render those nodes.
   Even we reduce the size dynamically, user will not able to see nodes
   clearly.
   - Another problem is , assets are rendering bellow to tree structure. So
   when tree becomes larger, we will not able to see the assets results until
   we scroll down.

So my suggestion is if we render this kind of tree structure as drop down
tree [3] , It will more user friendly. As well as if we have more nodes we
can handle it by only scrolling drop down menu.

[1] -
https://docs.google.com/a/wso2.com/document/d/1gU0KCCb595kJ0-B9ERMYmIbducZO3-4OCAGf0coZCs4/edit?usp=sharing
[2] - http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/4339184
[3] -

http://www.jqueryscript.net/demo/Animated-Vertical-Accordion-Menu-with-jQuery-CSS3-mtree-js/
<http://www.jqueryscript.net/demo/Animated-Vertical-Accordion-Menu-with-jQuery-CSS3-mtree-js/>

--

*Lahiru J Ekanayake**Software Engineer*
Mobile : +94 (0) 77 8812629 / +94(0) 778509547