I think we have to keep the gadget concept as is, and bring in a new
concept. This was the initial plan with the widgets, but we removed it due
to above complications.
I think we can bring it back, and use WebComponent to implement it. But
unfortunately it’s not implanted in all browsers. But HTML template is [1].
Can you please do some research on this and find if we can leverage this to
implement the requirement.
Another option is to use WebComponent polyfills.

[1] http://caniuse.com/#feat=template

--
With regards,
*Manu*ranga Perera.