Hi all,

We can define an extension for JSON schema for our reference. But we
shouldn't restrict users from importing JSON schema files which has an
extension other than "*.jschema". Since we are claiming that "WSO2 Data
mapper" supports JSON schema, we should support JSON schema irrespective of
the extension. Reason is there is no official extension defined for JSON
schema and there are some other commonly using extensions(Eg: *.json etc.)
for JSON schema.

>From the implementation perspective, we can change the name "JSCHEMA" from
the drop down list of "Open Input Schema" dialog to "JSON Schema" and allow
user to import JSON schema irrespective of the extension. Since we are
building the tree using the provided JSON schema pro-grammatically, we can
validate the schema and provide an error to user if it's not a JSON schema.
So no need to consider the extension while the importing.

[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks,
Viraj.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Awanthika Senarath <awanth...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> .jsc is commonly used for javascript configuration files [1] and .jsd is
> also in use according to [2], therefore IMO it is not suitable to use it
> for our purpose as it may introduce conflicts.
>
> [1] http://www.file-extensions.org/jsc-file-extension
> [2] http://filext.com/file-extension/JSD
>
> Regards
> Awanthika
>
> Awanthika Senarath
> Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile: +94717681791
>

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Susinda Perera <susi...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Sohani Weerasinghe <soh...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> How about using something like .jsc ?
>>>
>>> When we were using avro schema we have used .avsc as the extension hence
>>> shall we use .jsc ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sohani
>>>
>>> Sohani Weerasinghe
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2, Inc: http://wso2.com
>>>
>>> Mobile  : +94 716439774
>>> Blog     :http://christinetechtips.blogspot.com/
>>> Twitter  : https://twitter.com/sohanichristine

>>> How about introducing mediatype (if not available) from the registry.
>> and file extension something like (.jsd similar to .xsd).

>> --
>> *Susinda Perera*
>> Software Engineer
>> B.Sc.(Eng), M.Sc(Computer Science), AMIE(SL)
>> Mobile:(+94)716049075
>> Blog: susinda.blogspot.com
>> WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com/
>> Tel : 94 11 214 5345 Fax :94 11 2145300