Hi All,

As there is a default database 'InfluxDB' that comes with 'Heapster' using
the same database would be a better approach than an external database.

Default Heapster gives only up to 15 minutes of historical data for any
Container. Would using a custom Heapster docker image be a better approach
on this?

In Heapster Repository, Heapster.go file contains these configurations.

   - stats_resolution (Deafult 1*time.Second)  The resolution at which
   heapster will retain stats
   - sink_frequency (Default 10*time.Second) Frequency at which data will
   be pushed to sinks
   - cache_duration (Default 4*time.Minute) The total duration of the
   historical data that will be cached by heapster
   - use_model (Default true) When true, the internal model representation
   will be used
   - model_resolution (Default 1*time.Minute)  The resolution of the time
   series stored in the model.
   - model_frequency (Default 145*time.Second) Frequency at which model
   will be updated.

*      1 second < stats_resolution < model_resolution <
model_frequency       sink_frequency < cache_duration*

If these configuration are changed as below, build a custom docker image
and use that docker image instead of default Heapster image
Heapster:canary, would that be a better approach on this? Or is there any
other approaches for this?

   - stats_resolution    1*time.Hour
   - sink_frequency     2*time.Hour
   - cache_duration     3*time.Hour
   - use_model            true
   - model_resolution   2*time.Hour
   - model_frequency   3*time.Hour

I highly appreciate your suggestions regarding this.

Thank you.