Hi Farasath,

It seems like my assumption is wrong. As per the code [1] doesn't read from
application-authentication.xml to read default behaviour. It is reading
from default service provider file
(/conf/identity/service-providers/default.xml). IMO this is a bug, it need
to pick that behaviour from the application-authentication.xml.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-identity-framework/blob/master/components/application-mgt/org.wso2.carbon.identity.application.mgt/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/application/mgt/ApplicationManagementServiceImpl.java#L799:L806

Regards,

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Farasath Ahamed <farasa...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When trying to set the "*Local & Outbound Authentication Configuration*"
> for a Service Provider I noticed a default option. If someone wants to use
> a custom/federated authenticator as the default option how can we achieve
> this?
>
> Based on a discussion with Darshana, I tried to achieve this by modifying
> the default sequence in application-authentication.xml file found at
> IS_HOME/repository/conf/identity as below,
>
> <Sequences>
> <!-- Default Sequence. This is mandatory -->
> <Sequence appId="default">
> <Step order="1">
> <Authenticator name="OpenIDConnectAuthenticator" />
> </Step>
> </Sequence>
> </Sequences>
>
> Even then I am redirected to use the default BasicAuthenticator (username
> and password). Are there any other changes that need to be done to engage a
> federated/custom authenticator as the default throughout IS?
>

> Thanks,
> Farasath Ahamed
> Software Engineer,
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>

> Email: farasa...@wso2.com
> Mobile: +94777603866
> Blog: blog.farazath.com
> Twitter: @farazath619 <https://twitter.com/farazath619>

*Darshana Gunawardana*Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com

*E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
*Mobile: +94718566859*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware