Hi Tanya,

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Tanya Madurapperuma <ta...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Udara,
>
> From where can we select the layout for the view? Or do we enforce using
> the same layout for all the views of a single page?

​We should open the layout selection panel and move to the newly created
tab (role based view) once user select the role(s) and create the view​
​.​

​I think we should not restrict and enforce the same layout.

> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Udara Rathnayake <uda...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Dakshika & Sinthuja.
>>
>> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Sinthuja Ragendran <sinth...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Udara,
>>>
>>> As discussed offline we need to have following as well.
>>>
>>> - A name for each view so that if a user could see both views he/she
>>> should be able switch.
>>> - A default view should not be existing, and that should be associated
>>> with roles selection option when the 'role based view' option is selected
>>> in the left pane.
>>>
>> ​We have to revisit this a bit. Assume a scenario, where dashboard
>> designer already have a default view.​
>>
>> ​At that point we should not just disable the default view and provide
>> role selection option.
>>
> Even if they have a default view, they should have set a viewers role in
> the dashboard settings page. So can't we use that role as the roles for
> that page and get rid of default view.

Since we are bringing gadget level roles now, we might have to remove some
gadgets from the default view in that case. This might confuse the
designer. ​

> Thanks,
> Tanya
>

>> - As Dakshika mentioned, the view tab settings will be required to
>>> edit/update as well.
>>> - During the personalization of dashboard mode, we shouldn't show the
>>> options of editing the roles, etc for a view table, and only show the view
>>> names in the tabs. Hence the user can't actually do any changes to the view
>>> or anything, but he/she can add or delete gadgets, change layout, etc
>>> according to their personal interest.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sinthuja.

>>> --