Hi Nirmal,

Yes this is the nature of jacoco in coverage. We are using offline
instrumentation which adds few data in to classes to determine whether they
are loaded in to JVM

in /src/test/resource directory you have two files called filter.txt and
instrumentation.txt

You can remove any pattern in filter.txt by

-org.wso2.carbon.throttle.core.impl.ipbase.* -org.wso2.uri.template.parser.*
Thank you,
Dharshana.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nir...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Can we skip certain classes getting this $jacocoInit method?
>
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Sachith Withana <sach...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Fazlan,
>>
>> To add to what Gimantha said, since we register methods, only the jacoco
>> injected method would fail to register.
>> All the other methods would be registered as UDFs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sachith
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Gimantha Bandara <giman...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Fazlan,
>>>
>>> Spark UDFs are the Java methods that we define. Jacoco actually injects
>>> a static method called "$jacocoInit" to every test class, so every UDF
>>> class will contain an additional method called "$jacocoInit". Spark cannot
>>> determine the datatypes passed in the parameters and registering
>>> "$jacocoInit" as a spark UDF fails. Thats why that error comes, and since
>>> it is not a method that we define as a spark UDF, it is harmless.
>>>
>>> Thanks,

>>> Gimantha Bandara
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2. Inc : http://wso2.com
>>> Mobile : +94714961919
>>>

>> --
>> Sachith Withana
>> Software Engineer; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> E-mail: sachith AT wso2.com
>> M: +94715518127
>> Linked-In: <http://goog_416592669>
>> https://lk.linkedin.com/in/sachithwithana
>>

> --
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Nirmal
>
> Team Lead - WSO2 Machine Learner
> Associate Technical Lead - Data Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile: +94715779733
> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

--

Dharshana Warusavitharana
Senior Software Engineer , Test Automation

lean . enterprise . middleware