On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 7:29 AM, Mohanadarshan Vivekanandalingam <
mo...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:03 AM, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan <s...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I think the way to handle this is by sending some default value, or
>> identify nulls and replacing them with default value.
>> I think the trick here is to find a default value that users cannot
>> create. How about using  "NOT AVAILABLE" with space. I think IS does not
>> allow users to create username with spaces so it will not conflict with any
>> other username.
>>

> Yes, we should have a default value for this.. But, I think IS allows to
> have user name with spaces by changing the relevant regex in user-mgt.xml
> file.. Then, we need to think about some unique value where IS does not
> allow..

There are situations where Identity server does not have control over
creating users in userstores. These userstores may be plugged in to
different other systems as well.   On the other hand the server admins /
authorized users may also not have control over creating users (self
registration).

> Can't we introduce a config file to add this default value ?  Then, it is
> the responsibility of the server-admin to configure it accordingly..

Currently we follow this approach.

--
Hasintha Indrajee
Software Engineer