Hi Devs,

At the moment, we have docker images which can be run on the following
platforms.

1. Kubernetes [1]
2. Mesos [2]
3. Default docker [3]

For each and every platform we have a different docker image which includes
platform specific configurations. Currently, the naming convention is as
follows.

wso2esb:4.9.0
wso2esb-manger:4.9.0
wso2esb-worker:4.9.0

This naming convention does not distinguish images based on the platform
and it would be difficult to manage images with the existing naming
convention. This is already raised in [4]. Following naming convention is
proposed.

{product_name}-{product_profile}-{platform}:{product_version}

*For Kubernetes*

wso2esb-kubernetes:4.9.0
wso2esb-manger-kubernetes:4.9.0
wso2esb-worker-kubernetes:4.9.0

*For Mesos*

wso2esb-mesos:4.9.0
wso2esb-manger-mesos:4.9.0
wso2esb-worker-mesos:4.9.0

*For Default Docker*

wso2esb:4.9.0
wso2esb-manger:4.9.0
wso2esb-worker:4.9.0

Please share your thoughts.

[1] - https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-artifacts
[2] - https://github.com/wso2-incubator/mesos-artifacts
[3] - https://github.com/wso2/dockerfiles
[4] - https://github.com/wso2/dockerfiles/issues/48

Thank you!
--
*Pubudu Gunatilaka*
Committer and PMC Member - Apache Stratos