A scope defines a unique action (view_user_profile, update_profile_status,
etc). You won't have two APIs performing the same action.

And it confuses the authorization part too. Ex: If role 'a' has permissions
for scope 'x' on 'API1', it won't necessarily mean role 'a' can perform the
same action on 'API2' because what API2 does is different to what API1 does.

Thanks,
NuwanD.

--
Nuwan Dias