Hi Sinthuja,

+1, I also think its better. We can simply enable designer mode only for
designers and admins. And end users will have the capable of doing simple
modifications on view mode it self.

I believe in this case we will have a dynamic layout on view mode by
default.

Cheers!
Jerad

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Sinthuja Ragendran <sinth...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Udara,
>
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Tanya Madurapperuma <ta...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Udara,
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Udara Rathnayake <uda...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi UX team,
>>>
>>> Requirement is to provide simple dashboard viewer level customization
>>> within the dashboard view rather redirecting to the designer.
>>>
>> If a user in the designer role logs into the dashboard, do we redirect
>> him/her to designer view or do we allow them also to do minor changes being
>> on the view mode ? Or is this just for personalization.
>>

> The main idea is to avoid user to switch the modes (ie, switching between
> designer/view modes) when doing such simple personalization modifications.
> Hence IMHO we should not again ask for go to simple/advanced designing,
> rather by default the view mode should have the simple designing enabled
> where as he/she should be able to drag the gadgets, and delete them if
> he/she doesn't want it.
>
> Thanks,
> Sinthuja.
>
> Thanks,
>> Tanya
>>

>>> Simple customization includes(as per the RM),
>>> 1. Deleting a gadget
>>> 2. Moving a gadget

--
*Jerad Rutnam*