Hi Sewmini,

Kernel 4.4.6 had the feature to execute mysql 5.7 scripts with -Dsetup. But
it is removed from kernel 4.4.7 release.

This feature was added to identity components based on the fact that the
kernel had this feature. But as this no longer in kernel, there is no point
of having it in identity component. So I guess this feature should be
removed from identity components also.

@Thilini, what is the status of this feature in APIM 2.0.0?

Thanks,
Maduranga.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Sewmini Jayaweera <sewm...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi IS team,
>
> I pointed carbon, registry and user DBs to MySQL 5.7 and tried starting
> with -dsetup. What I observed was;
>
> - In order to registry and user tables to get created with -Dsetup,
> 'mysql5.7.sql'  script should be renamed to mysql.sql. But in order for
> identity tables to get created it requires 'mysql-5.7+.sql' script.
>
> Reason why I renamed script which creates registry and user tables is Jira
> [1] and mail thread [2]. According to mail thread [2] Kapila has initially
> done the fix to work -Dsetup without renaming the script but he has revered
> it.
>
> How are we going to handle above?
>

> [1]. https://wso2.org/jira/browse/DOCUMENTATION-3604
> [2]. WSO2 Carbon Kernel 4.4.6 throws exceptions when rinning Oracle DB
> script
>
> Thank you.
> Kind Regards,
>
> Sewmini Jayaweera