Hi Gayan,

Find my comments inline.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:07 AM, Gayan Gunarathne <gay...@wso2.com> wrote:

> What is the use case of the BPS change substitution api method in [1] ? Is
> it change whole the existing substitute records(I mean old records
> + future records) of the user?

It allows to change the substitute. There is no such thing called old
records and future records. A user can have only one substitution record.
Change substitute will change the substitute of the existing record.

> Also what is the different between update substitution record and Change
> substitute?Seems we don't have much information in the documentation.
>
> Change substitution allows to change only the substitute
user. Update allows to change all the substitution parameters.

[1]https://docs.wso2.com/display/BPS360/Substitution+REST+APIs

--
Vinod Kavinda
Software Engineer